A new roof is a gigantic purchase. Don’t make the mistake of rushing into it. Know what you’re getting with each material. If you’re considering a metal roof for your commercial building, here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons from Tennessee Contracting services to help you make your decision:
- Long Life-Span: Metal roof materials have one of the longest life-spans of all the choices on the market. Whereas a material such as asphalt shingles will only last 15 years or so, metal roofs can last over 70 years.
- Hardy: Metal roofs can stand up to just about anything: lightning, rain, storms, snow. You name it, a metal roof can take it. Unlike other materials, they aren’t affected by insects, rot, and mold.
- Energy Efficient: Because metal roofs reflect solar rays, your energy costs are reduced. These rays would otherwise heat up your building, causing your air conditioner to work harder.
- Cost of installation: Metal roofs don’t come cheap. While you save a lot of money on future repairs due to their durability, if you’re not sure whether you’re going to stay in your building then a metal roof may not be the right choice for you.
- Problems from poor installation: The key to a good metal roof is professional installation. If it’s not done properly, the material can expand and contract. Bad installation can also cause water to pool, which can cause major damage.
Keep all this in mind when making your new roof decision. Here at Tennessee Contracting Services, we offer professional roof installation alongside a host of other roofing services. For more information, please give us a call at (615) 590-7428 for our Nashville location.