Exceptional EPDM Roofing for Nashville Businesses
At Tennessee Contracting Services, we offer home and business owners in Middle Tennessee a wide variety of roofing options. One of the most popular choices for structures with low slope roofs, such as carports, patios, and commercial buildings, is EPDM roofing.Get A Free Commercial Roofing Estimate
EPDM roofing systems are also referred to as rubber roofs. The letters in EPDM roofing stand for “ethylene propylene diene monomer,” which is a synthetic rubber roofing membrane.
Since EPDM roofing material is made of rubber, it’s extremely durable. EPDM roofing is also much safer to install than other roofing materials because it doesn’t require the use of hot asphalt or an open flame torch.
Additional Benefits of EPDM Roofing
Not only is EPDM roofing durable and easy to install, it also offers Nashville home and business owners a broad range of benefits, such as:
- An Extended Service Life – Rubber roofs have a very long life expectancy compared to many other roofing materials. When properly maintained, EPDM roofs can last up to 30 years or longer.
- Weather Resistance – Structures that are covered with EPDM roofing material benefit from additional resistance to weather. EPDM roofs are better equipped to withstand severe heat, extremely cold weather, hail, ultra-violet radiation, high winds, rain, and more.
- Easy to Maintain – When you choose to have EPDM roofing installed, you’ll enjoy years of a relatively easy maintenance schedule. Unlike roofs made from other materials, rubber roofs don’t require additional coatings or surface treatments in order to maintain their integrity.
- Inexpensive – One of the biggest advantages of EPDM roofing is its low price. Compared to the components that make up other roofing systems, EPDM roofing materials cost considerably less. With their easy installation process, rubber roofs also save you money on the cost of labor.
- Energy Saving – You can save money on heating and cooling costs thanks to EPDM roofing. These thick rubber roofs keep out the sun’s heat in warmer weather and prevent energy leakage from the building in colder months, which will help reduce your utility bills.
- Environmentally Friendly – EPDM roofing is considered to be a relatively “green” option because installation requires little energy, rubber roofs last a long time, and most of the material can be recycled at the end of the roof’s useful lifespan.
EPDM Roofing May Not Be Your Top Choice
As with every roofing option, EPDM roofs do have some unfavorable attributes. If you’re looking to maximize your home or business’s curb appeal, EPDM roofing might not be the right choice for you. Rubber roofs are durable and practical, but they’re not the most aesthetically pleasing material that our Nashville roofers offer.
Rubber roofs also may puncture more easily than some other roofing materials, such as metal roofing. If your EPDM roofing material does get punctured, the good news is that repairs are easy to make and inexpensive.
How Do I Know if EPDM Roofing is Right for Me?
When reviewing all of the roofing systems available to Nashville home and business owners, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. How do you know what type of roofing would best meet your needs? Our Nashville roofers would be happy to assess your roofing needs, make a recommendation, and discuss the roofing options that will work best for you.Get A Free Commercial Roofing Estimate
We provide free estimates to all potential customers. Just give us a call at 615-645-1334 or use our online contact form to request a quote. We look forward to hearing from you soon.